Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Unfinished Heroines

Here are a few more old drawings of heroines from novels I once read. Apparently I began work on these but never finished them. They are set in more modern times than those in the last post.

May 1978, age 23: I think I went through a boots-and-capes phase for awhile!

July 1977, age 22: Passion in the bayou! This drawing is set during the Civil War era. (I'm guessing I was between boyfriends at this time!)

This one is undated, as is most of my old artwork. All I can say with any certainty is it was done sometime in the 1970s. I call it "Fleeing the Menace." Perhaps this followed the breakup of my latest romance? Just kidding!

Maybe someday I'll sit down and finish these. And then again, maybe not!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mar, I love your old sketches. I remember years ago hoping that I would be able to draw anything 1/2 as good as you did. I think I used to sneak into your room and look at them for hours. I always thought you drew so life-like it amazed me. Yeah, those were the good ol' days of drafting out artworks, I wish I could just start right back were I was 30 years ago.... Luv ya

    ReplyDelete